Instead PMA is recommending the introduction of a new Comp Class for 2013 along with a new comp licence for the pilot. The criteria for this Competition Class have to be established by a working group. Time frame: end of June 2012.
1. PMA agrees unanimously to recommend that a new Competition Class outside the existing EN-D is necessary. Academy, FFVL and SHV agree to that as well. DHV is against it. PMA starts a Competition Class working group under the lead of David Dagault. Time frame: end of June 2012.
2. PMA strongly recommends a mandatory SIV course for comp pilots flying FAI Cat 1 (and also PWC and Acro Comps) on their comp wing with competition harness. From the Europeans in St. André September 2012 on an official stamp in the pilot’s flight book/license should be necessary. A working group under the lead of David Dagault and FFVL + SHV has to define the SIV manoeuvres to be flown by the pilots. Time frame: end of March
3. PMA gives the strong recommendation to CIVL to engage competition organizers to set their tasks with the aim to avoid being too low to throw the reserve by establishing turn points and goals at altitude and/or giving bonus points for altitude at potentially critical turn points.
4. PMA gives CIVL the recommendation to make a second rescue mandatory in competitions (CAT 1 / PWC / Acro Comps).
5. PMA would like to set a speed limit as a quick fix for the actual EN D wings being used in 2012. This may be possible with a reference glider during certification. The reference glider to be used would be the Niviuk Icepeak 6 24 (if Niviuk agrees). Reference glider to be provided to each one of the test centres by the PMA. The PMA are looking to see if this is possible for the 2012 season.